1 Large Mug
30g Ubora Coffee
480g Hot Water
|EQUIPMENT||Scale, Timer, Kettle, Grinder (burr grinder preferred), V60 pour over brewer (dripper), V60 #2 filter, Large mug / Carafe|
How to Brew
- Heat water in kettle to 198-205 oF
- Weight 30g of fresh Ubora Coffee beans to make a large mug of coffee (16oz). Or determine your preferred amount of coffee using a 1:16 ratio. Ex: 1g coffee: 16g water, or 1oz coffee: 16oz water.
- Grind coffee beans to a Kosher salt consistency.
- Place V60 filter inside the V60 dripper, and then place over a large mug or carafe. If the filter paper has a sealed edge, fold it over to fit the dripper.
- Pour hot water over the filter to wet it fully and warm the dripper.
- Once all water has passed through the filter, discard water from the carafe/mug and move mug with V60 dripper onto a scale. Tare scale to zero.
- Add 30g (~2 tbsp) ground coffee to the filter. If needed, level out by shaking V60 lightly.
- Tare your scale again and start a timer.
- Saturate the coffee with hot water (~60-80g). Pour the water from the kettle starting at the center of the funnel and spiral out toward the outer edge.
- Wait 45 seconds to allow the coffee to bloom or de-gas. Then gently break the crust with a stirrer.
- Continue to pour hot water, using the same technique, until the scale measures 480g (or your calculated ratio amount).
- The brew is completed after 3.5 min. Enjoy!
Note: If the brew is taking longer than 3.5 min, then adjust your grinder to a coarser setting. If your pour-over is brewing too fast, then adjust your grinder to a finer setting.