The V60 Pour Over Coffee Dripper
provides full brewing control in a simple and elegant design. Expect clear notes and aromas. The V60 gets its name from the 60 degree internal angle of the cone shape. It is made by Hario in Japan.
30g Ubora Coffee (~2 tbsp)
480g Hot Water, 198-205 oF (~16 oz/2 cups)
Grinder (burr grinder preferred)
V60 pour over brewer (dripper)
V60 #2 filter
Large mug / Carafe
HOW TO BREW
- Heat water in kettle to 198-205 oF
- Weight 30g of fresh Ubora Coffee beans to make a large mug of coffee (16oz). Or determine your preferred amount of coffee using a 1:16 ratio. Ex: 1g coffee: 16g water, or 1oz coffee: 16oz water.
- Grind coffee beans to a Kosher salt consistency.
- Place V60 filter inside the V60 dripper, and then place over a large mug or carafe. If the filter paper has a sealed edge, fold it over to fit the dripper.
- Pour hot water over the filter to wet it fully and warm the dripper.
- Once all water has passed through the filter, discard water from the carafe/mug and move mug with V60 dripper onto a scale. Tare scale to zero.
- Add 30g (~2 tbsp) ground coffee to the filter. If needed, level out by shaking V60 lightly.
- Tare your scale again and start a timer.
- Saturate the coffee with hot water (~60-80g). Pour the water from the kettle starting at the center of the funnel and spiral out toward the outer edge.
- Wait 45 seconds to allow the coffee to bloom or de-gas. Then gently break the crust with a stirrer.
- Continue to pour hot water, using the same technique, until the scale measures 480g (or your calculated ratio amount).
- The brew is completed after 3.5 min. Enjoy!
Note: If the brew is taking longer than 3.5 min, then adjust your grinder to a coarser setting. If your pour-over is brewing too fast, then adjust your grinder to a finer setting.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.