1 Medium Mug
18g Ubora Coffee
280g Hot Water
|EQUIPMENT||Scale, Timer, Kettle, Grinder (burr grinder preferred), Stagg [X] (dripper), Stagg [X] filter, Stagg [X] carafe/medium mug|
How to Brew
- Heat water to 198-205 oF
- Weigh 18 g of fresh Ubora Coffee beans to make a medium mug of coffee (12oz). While you can measure your preferred amount of coffee using a 1:16 ratio, Stagg [X] works best using 18g of coffee.
- Grind coffee beans to a Kosher salt consistency.
- Place Stagg filter in the dripper over the carafe/mug.
- Pour hot water over the filter to wet it fully and warm the dripper.
- Once all water has passed through the filter, discard water from the carafe/mug and move it with the dripper onto a scale. Tare scale to zero.
- Add 18 g (~1.5 tbsp) ground coffee to the filter. If needed, level out grounds by lightly shaking the dripper.
- Tare your scale again and start a timer.
- Saturate the coffee with hot water (~40 g). Pour the water from the kettle starting at the center of the funnel and spiral out toward the outer edge.
- Wait 30 seconds to allow the coffee to bloom or de-gas. Then gently break the crust with a stirrer.
- Continue to pour hot water, using the same technique, until the scale measures 280 g (or your calculated ratio amount).
- The brew is completed after 3 min. Enjoy!
Note: If the brew is taking longer than 3 min, then adjust your grinder to a coarser setting. If your pour-over is brewing too fast, then adjust your grinder to a finer setting.