Freshly roasted Ubora coffee (21 grams for a 12oz mug)
Hot Water (Between 198-205F)
Grinder (burr grinder preferred)
Kalita Wave pour over brewer (dripper)
Kalita Wave #2 filter
HOW TO BREW
- Heat water in a kettle to 198-205o
- Determine amount of fresh Ubora Coffee beans to grind. Use the ratio: 1 gram of coffee per 16 grams water or 1oz of coffee per 16oz of water.
- Grind coffee beans to the consistency of table salt.
- Place the filter in the Kalita Wave pour over and place on top of your favorite mug.
- Pour hot water over the filter to fully wet filter and warm the dripper.
- Wait for all water to pass through the filter.
- Discard water from the mug.
- Put ground coffee in the filter and shake lightly to level out the ground coffee.
- Start at the center of the dripper and work towards the outer edge using about 50 grams of water or just enough to saturate the coffee
- Wait 30 seconds for the coffee to bloom or de-gas.
- Continue pouring hot water evenly from the center of the dripper out to the sides and in a spiral pattern until your water ratio is reached. This should take 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes remove the dripper from the mug and place in sink.
- Grasp the cup and take in a long, deep breath, smelling all the notes of your freshly brewed Ubora coffee.
To begin the brewing process, in a kettle heat water to 1980 – 205o F. Next, determine the amount of freshly roasted Ubora coffee needed using a ratio of 1 gram of coffee to 16 grams of water. The coffee beans should be ground to the consistency of table salt.
On top of your favorite mug, place the Kalita Wave pour over with a filter. Next, pour hot water in the filter until fully wet. This process rinses the filter and warms the dripper. Once the water filters through into the mug, discard it.
Start your timer and pour water starting at the center of the dripper, working your way out. Pour about 50 grams of water or just enough to saturate the coffee grounds allowing the coffee to “bloom” or de-gasses). Once the timer reaches 30 seconds, stir the coffee ground with a spoon and continue pouring evenly from the center then out to the sides in a spiral pattern until the water ratio is reached. Allow water to filter through, the whole process should take 3 minutes total. Remove the dripper and place it in the sink.
Next grasp the cup and take in a long, deep breath, smelling all the notes of your freshly brewed Ubora coffee. Now sip slowly and enjoy the start to an amazing day!