1 Large Mug
30g freshly roasted Ubora Coffee
480g Hot Water
|EQUIPMENT||Scale, Timer, Kettle, Grinder (burr grinder preferred), Chemex pour over brewer (dripper), Chemex filter, Favorite mug|
How to Brew
- Heat water in a kettle to 198-205o
- Determine amount of fresh Ubora Coffee beans to grind. Use the ratio: 1 gram of coffee per 16 grams water or 1oz of coffee per 16oz of water. (Ex: 30g coffee and 480g water is what we use in our coffee bar)
- Grind coffee beans to a consistency of Kosher Salt.
- Take the Chemex cone filter and fold the sealed edge to one side to make a perfect cone that fits in the Chemex.
- Place the Chemex on top of your scale
- pour over and place the glass carafe or your favorite mug under the system.
- Pour hot water over to wet filter fully to remove the paper taste and warm the carafe.
- Wait for all water to pass through the filter and then discard water from the Chemex.
- Put ground coffee in the filter and shake lightly to level out.
- Start your timer when you begin pouring the water using just enough to saturate the grounds.
- Wait 45 seconds for the coffee to bloom or de-gas. Gently break the crust.
- Pour a slow and even spiral, topping off the water every 10 seconds for the most even extraction.
- Continue pouring hot water evenly from the center of the filter out to the sides and in a spiral pattern until you reach your water ratio.
- Finish brewing after 4 minutes. Remove the filter from the Chemex and serve.
- Take a deep breath, smell the subtle notes of your freshly brewed Ubora coffee and enjoy!
Note: If the brew is taking longer than 4 minutes, then adjust your grinder to a more coarse setting. If your pour-over is brewing too fast, then adjust your grinder to a finer setting.